Final Staff Report
The UCDSB's Final Staff Report was publicly released this morning, February 13, 2017, for a few hours on their website before it was taken down, we managed to get the files for you and have them available for download below.
While we have not had a chance to fully review all the files, it appears that the Board no longer remmends GDHS for closure!
- (1.45 MB) Attach_1 Pupil Accommodation Review Final Staff Report 20170210
- (22.8 MB) Attach_2 Final Staff Report App A B C 20170210 (2)
- (4.4 MB) Attach_3 Final ARC Reports 20170210
- (46.9MB) Attach_4 App D2 PDF Municipal Replies
The final report is out and the recommendations for school closure are:
7.1 Final Recommendations for Category 1 School Closures (8)
- Benson P.S. effective September 2017
- Plantagenet P.S., effective September 2017
- Rideau Centennial E.S., effective September, 2017
- Rothwell-Osnabruck School (grades 7-12), effective September 2017
- S.J. McLeod P.S., effective September 2017
- Prince of Wales P.S., effective September 2018
- Wolford P.S., effective September 2018
- Oxford-on-Rideau P.S. effective September 2018 (subject to making space available at South Branch E.S.)
7.2 Final Recommendations for Category 3 School Closures (4)
- North Stormont P.S. at a date to be confirmed pending Ministry approval for an addition at Roxmore P.S.
- Maynard P.S. at a date to be confirmed pending Ministry approval for an addition or rebuild of Wellington E.S.
- St. Lawrence S.S. / Cornwall Collegiate and V.S. at a date to be confirmed pending Ministry approval for the rebuild of one Cornwall grades 7-12 school.
- Toniata P.S. at a date to be confirmed pending Ministry approval for the rebuild of a new Brockville elementary school that consolidates Toniata P.S. and Commonwealth P.S. (with Prince of Wales P.S.)